Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Ewes are due...T-2 Weeks

The ewes are due in just over two weeks. Clover's exact date is April 4th, but Cedar was introduced a few days before, so anytime after the 30th of March we could have lambs. Based on previous years' experiences, I'm probably a few weeks too soon and we won't see any lambs until after Easter.

The ewes are starting to really pop out now.


Here's the weekly line-up of back-end photos with a brief analysis.
Clover is really starting to get large. She looks much closer in size to two years ago than last year, which means she'll probably twin. She's due April 4th, and I'm guessing she will be pretty true to her date.
Cyrstal is getting a little udder, but nothing like she had last year at this time. I'm guessing she'll also lamb just after Clover, and she also looks large enough for twins.
Kira looks like she did last year about a month before lambing. She looked tiny last year, too, and she still had twins, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Maggie is starting to get an udder, but it's hard to tell if she'll single or double. Since it's her first year I don't have any comparison photos to help me predict what, or when, she'll lamb.
Mocha, looking huge like last year. Her udder is still quite small, but she may be one of the first to lamb.
Poa's looking small this year, but she's been the last to lamb for the last two years. She may still have a month or more before she lambs.

Wynona - She's so hard to get a picture of from behind. She looks like she did two years ago about three weeks prior to lambing. I'm guessing she'll twin near Easter.

Though the title does say T-2 weeks, I think we still have a good three weeks before we actually see lambs. I'll keep posting weekly until they arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment