Monday, March 28, 2011

Crystal's Twins

I was wrong again! After watching Crystal act normal yesterday, I decided last night that she was going to wait until mid-week to lamb. When I went to the barn this morning there were two ewes in the large pen and no Crystal in sight. I heard the classic mother nickering from behind the mid-stall door and a lamb cry out. Yes, Crystal had lambed.

Here is ram #1 weighing 7.6 lbs. He's very tall like his mom.

Here's ram #2 weighing 6 lbs.

The happy family.
Mom and twins are settled into their nursery. Clover and her lamb were evicted to make room for the newest lambs. At four days old this ram is ready to join the other pregnant ewes under the watchful eye of his mom.

Two ewes to go. Neither ewe looks like they'll go for a few days to a week.

We have had the exact lambing sequence as we did last year: one ram, ram and ewe twins, and twin rams. Since we only bred three ewes last year, I'm really hoping we'll get some more ewes this time!

1 comment:

  1. What handsome boys they both are. Congratulations :) I hope you get some ewe lambs too. I am hoping for an even mix here although I will settle for any lambs right now lol.

    ReplyDelete