Saturday, March 12, 2011

Still Watching and Waiting - Day 160

Well, no lambs yet. The ram was introduced 160 days ago, and since the average gestation time for ewes is 150 days, I can only conclude that Xavier missed the ewes' first heat. According to the ewe gestation calculator, if our ram missed the first heat cycle and bred them on their second cycle, they should lamb from now through the 31st.

The good news is that all five ewes have become extremely affectionate. Even Poa and Kira who were still running from me last week are coming to me asking for chin scratches. If I start scratching two ewes, two more come over and start rubbing their heads into me. You might even say they've become aggressively affectionate.

Here are Kira and Poa enjoying last night's dinner.

And here's Mocha. I'm not quite sure if she's dropped or if I'm just seeing an illusion caused by the photo's angle.
And again, from a more flattering angle.
Hopefully my next post will include lambs!

No comments:

Post a Comment