Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Ewes are Due

Lambing time is getting close, and I'm getting very anxious about our new arrivals. After viewing several pictures of pre-lambing ewes and taking several photos myself, I'm predicting the first lambs will arrive early next week.  I am also predicting that two ewes will lamb next week, two more will lamb around the 20th, and one will lamb the last week of March. 

This year we have three first-time moms in the group and two who each twinned last year. I am a little nervous because the largest ewes who seem like they'll lamb first are inexperienced. Our experienced moms seem like they'll lamb after mid-March. We have one ewe who is round and pregnant (confirmed by lots of lamb kicks) but barely has an udder; she's probably not lambing until late March. 

I'll post pictures soon. My camera battery just died after taking photos of the girls. 


No comments:

Post a Comment